Why use a doula?
Every expectant family can benefit from the support of a Babeeze in Arms Doula.
Some areas where a Doula may be particularly helpful are:
- Women planning a vaginal birth after a caesarean
- Women wanting to avoid medication and medical interventions
- Women having a home birth
- Women diagnosed as having a high risk pregnancy
- Women desiring midwifery care but unable to obtain it due to availability
- Women with midwifery care
- Women having hospital births
- Women without partners
- Family from all backgrounds
Motherhood is a major life transition and the adjustment period can feel overwhelming at times, it is for this reason that women and their families turn to and benefit from the help of an experienced Postpartum Doula.
A Postpartum Doula is a non-judgemental woman with a quiet presence in your home. We are mothers ourselves who have breastfed our own children and enjoy motherhood. We are also professionally trained and certified as postpartum doulas. We have extensive knowledge in the areas of breastfeeding, infant care and psychological needs of new families. Postpartum Doulas can support new families by providing emotional support, help with newborn care, baby basics, assistance and support with breastfeeding techniques as well as performing household tasks and sibling care.
Why Use A Doula?